Bartolomé Island (Spanish: Isla Bartolomé) is a volcanic islet just off the east coast of Santiago Island. It is one of the “younger” islands in the Galápagos archipelago. This island, and Sulivan Bay on Santiago island, are named after naturalist and lifelong friend of Charles Darwin, Sir Bartholomew James Sulivan, who was a Lieutenant aboard HMS Beagle.
With a total land area of just 1.2 km², this island offers some of the most beautiful landscapes in the archipelago. The island consists of an extinct volcano and a variety of red, orange, green, and glistening black volcanic formations.
Bartolomé has a volcanic cone that is easy to climb and provides great views of the other islands. Bartolomé is famous for its Pinnacle Rock, which is the distinctive characteristic of this island, and the most representative landmark of the Galápagos.
- Click on any underlined text to open the videos
- 06:15 Pick up: from your Hotel Lobby – Transfer from Puerto Ayora to Itabaca Chanel
- 07:00 We get on board our Yacht and we start sailing, breakfast on board, departure from Itabaca Channel to Bartolomé.
- 09:30 Arrival to Bartolome Island: We will disembark and will start an easy hike untill we reach the summit of the volcano 114 meter altitud, from there we will have a great view of the central islands of the archipelago, later on we go back on board to get ready for a great swimming and snorkelling with penguins in the Golden beach or Sullivan Bay beach on Santiago ( James) Island.
- 14h30 Return to Itabaca chanel
- 16h30 Arrival to the channel
- 17h30 Arrival to Puerto Ayora
- Schedule may change ( Security reasons or others.) , so please contact us the day before to confirm it.
Prices includes: English speaking guide, Breakfast and Lunch on board, Towels, Excursions, Coffe, tea, drinking water.
Prices do not include: Alcoholic beverages, Personal expenses on board, Tips / gratuities, Services not Indicated.
WHAT TO BRING & TO USE:
Small backpack (waterproof), Comfortable walking shoes, Sneakers or rubber soles, Shorts Trousers, T-shirts, Long and Short sleeved shirtsWindbreaker, Bathing suit, Wet suit (for snorkeling between June – November), Hat or cap, Toilette kit, Sun block, Sunglasses, Binoculars, Camera & camcorder
About the island: It has two visitor sites. At the first one, you may swim and snorkel around Pinnacle Rock; the underwater world there is really impressive. You can snorkel with the penguins, marine turtles, white-tipped reef sharks, and other tropical fish. The bay is also an excellent place to go swimming. The twin bays are separated by a narrow isthmus.
Galápagos penguins are frequently seen, and a small cave behind Pinnacle Rock houses a breeding colony. Seasonally, Bartolomé is the mating and nesting site for the green turtles. With herons, they make use of the gentler beaches. The Galápagos Lava cacti colonize the new lava fields.
Enjoy our Tour videos on this island:
Make your reservation now, leave us your information
(*) We reserve the right to make changes in itineraries without prior notice if considered appropriate due to security at air, force majeure, natural disasters, or any consideration at our Captain’s or Representative’s discretion, without being liable for refunds of any kind.